In the south of Rwanda, near the border with Burundi, Nemba is a primary and secondary school that emerged out of youth refugee camp that hosted Rwandan refugees in the wake of the 1994 genocide.
With more than 450 students in P1 to P6, Nemba operates out of three adapted agricultural buildings providing an office for the Head Teacher and staff, a 4-classroom building and a 6-classroom building. TFS started working with Nemba in 2015 and has made a variety of contributions to improve the school environment for both teachers and students.
What We've Achieved
- built one new nursery classroom
- classroom furniture provided for two nursery classrooms; tables, chairs, cupboards and bulletin boards
- a new school library with 1500+ books
- a clean, solar powered drinking water system
- exterior classroom mural painting
- teacher training workshops
- rehabilitated and installed an awesome playground donated by Green Hills Academy