From 2011 to 2017, TFS assisted Tare Primary School, near Nyirangarama, with the provision of schools supplies and teacher training workshops.
With more than 1600 students across P1 to P6, Tare Primary was an over-subscribed school with limited teaching supplies and teachers with access to minimal resources and professional development options. Tools for Schools was able to assist by providing more basic teaching supplies, basic supplies for students as well as providing a series of teacher training workshops to the staff. To round it off, we were able to establish a new school library, complete with more than 1000+ books!
What We've Achieved
- creation of a new school library, together with 1000+ library books
- supply of a clean drinking water system
- supply of tables, chairs, storage cupboards, and teacher's desks
- provided basic school supplies for students
- provided teacher training workshops
- faciliated the donation of a solar drinking water filtration system for the school