Nyamata Primary School is a parent-led school in the south of Rwanda that TFS is proud to support.
Situated on a large plot of land on the outskirts of the town of Nyamata in the south of Rwanda, Nyamata Primary School serves more than 400 students from nursery through to P9 and is solely funded by parent fees. It receives no government support and was set up by local parents to ensure their children could go to school.
Nyamata has been one of our most successful projects to date, due in large part to the generosity of our donors, the energy of our volunteers and the desire and enthusiasm of the local parents to provide they best education they can for their children.
What We've Achieved
- construction of a 30-student nursery classroom
- construction of a one-room library
- supplied over 1000 reading and workbooks
- rehabilitation and installation of an outdoor playground donated by Green Hills Academy
- supplied furniture for the new classroom; desks, chairs, cupboards and bulletin boards
- provided a solar powered clean drinking water system
- exterior classroom murals painted
- teacher training workshops in 2014/15 as a hub school